Friday, February 11, 2011

Poem - My Mistress

My Mistress
By Phil Turner


She is my mistress, I love her so
I long for our encounters wherever they occur
But it’s our early morning rendezvous that fill me with delight
My heart beat quickens with anticipation

My senses absorb her presence, though I am blinded by the dark
I stop and breathe deeply her fragrance
Fresh and clean as a newly opening rose
I can taste her essence and feel the warmth of her being

Close to her now the breeze carries her to me
Her caressing touch
How many times have I remembered this feeling?
How many times have I enjoyed this feeling?

There, as the pale sun colours the early morning grey
She moves in all her shimmering glory
A million sequins an every growing spectrum
How could I ever resist this beauty?

Her mood is changeable and unpredictable
Sometimes sensual and calm, other times playful
Often she will brood for days
But when angry, she rages and often tests my patience.

And like others before I must be on guard
For like the black widow she has her dangers
To be complacent in her presence is inviting death
To turn my back or misjudge her mood can be fatal.

But she is my mistress, I love her so
For I am the moth, she is the light
Forever calling, she absorbs my time with her passion
Calming my soul as the hours pass like minutes

I cannot resist her call
As she has enchanted me all my life
What debt do I owe her?
For I am the fisherman and she is the Sea.

                                                                    P.J.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment